- Remove quarter round molding or baseboard for a professional
touch. Use a small wooden wedge between the wallboard and the prybar to prevent damaging
- Repair or replace loose boards by gluing and nailing.
- Counter-sink all protruding nail heads with nail set.
- Vacuum or sweep the floor.
Equipment Needed: Drum Floor Sander, Edger
Disc Sander, Rotary Buffer/Maintainer, Vacuum, Sandpaper (fine, medium, coarse), Grade 120
Mesh Screen Disc with Pad, Hammer, Prybar, Hand Scraper, Dust Mask, Safety Glasses, Ear
- Check fuse supply as machine may overload circuit.
- Remove furniture, rugs, curtains, pictures and any other
conveniently removed items.
- Complete wall covering and painting projects prior to
- Provide adequate ventilation during sanding and refinishing.
- If the room has a large doorway, cover it with a dropcloth
or plastic covering. Stuff towels or rags under bottoms of exit or closet doors. Cover all
- NEVER stop the sander with the drum in contact with the
- Wear clean soft footwear to avoid dirt marks and scratching.